If you're on the hunt for new books to add to your reading list, then maybe it's a good idea to draw inspiration from the one and only former President of the United States Barack Obama.
Obama shared what he has been reading over the (Northern Hemisphere's) summer, and there are quite the range of books.
He starts his list with the work of the late Nobel Prize-winning author, Toni Morrison.
Writing on Instagram, he said:
"To start, you can't go wrong by reading or re-reading the collected works of Toni Morrison. Beloved, Song of Solomon, The Bluest Eye, Sula, everything else - they're transcendent, all of them.
"You’ll be glad you read them. And while I’m at it, here are a few more titles you might want to explore."
Barack Obama's (Northern Hemisphere) Summer Reading List:
- The collected works of Toni Morrison
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- Exhalation by Ted Chiang
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami
- American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson
- The Shallows by Nicholas Carr
- Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
- Inland by Tea Obreht
- How to Read the Air by Dinaw Mengestu
- Maid by Stephanie Land