Manu Feildel is one of the most recognizeable celebrity chefs in the Southern Hemisphere and now that the chef and reality TV judge is back in the kitchen, he has revealed his perfect, fail-proof recipe for the best ever scrambled eggs.
Before getting started, he revealed some common mistakes people cooking scrambled eggs make:
- Don’t let your pan get too hot, if the pan is too hot the eggs will cook too quickly, burn and rather than be lovely and light, have a rubbery texture.
- Don’t be rough and move the eggs too much, light gentle movement will help the eggs stay light and not break up.
- Don’t overcook the eggs, this will also make them tough and rubbery. Remove them from the heat when still a little wet in places. The residual heat from the pan and the eggs will finish cooking them through.
Manu's recipe for fail proof scrambled eggs:
- Whisk 2-3 whole eggs with 20-30mls milk, a good pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium frying pan over a low heat, add a knob of butter and when foaming, pour in the eggs and leave for 60-90 seconds to begin to set.
- Gently pull the egg from the edges, into the centre of the pan. Turn and tilt the pan so the runny egg takes up the available space and runs off the set egg, this gentle pulling will make egg “ribbons”.
- Remove the pan from the heat before the egg is completely set. Leave to sit for a minute or two, this will let the egg gently finish cooking in its own heat.
- To serve, place on top of 1-2 pieces of well-buttered toast and finish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs if desired.