The wait is nearly over! Cher has been exploring the country for a week now, before her two shows, this Friday and Saturday.
- Cher is here and already loving our country
- How Cher nearly ended up owning a slice of NZ
- Cher performs ABBA classic 'SOS' on The Ellen Show
If you're heading to either one of her shows at Spark arena, we have everything you need to know about the concert in this handy guide.
The doors will be opening at 6:30 pm and the show is meant to be commencing at 7:30 pm. These timings are a general guide so there could be slight changes. The show is intended to finish around 9:45 pm.
Parking and transport
The best carparks to use if you want to brave taking the car in are:
- The Arena Car Park (Dockside Lane, off Tapora Street, about five mins walk).
- The Britomart Car Park (Corner of Quay Street and Britomart Place, about eight mins walk).
- The Railway Car Park (Te Taou Crescent, off Beach Road, about five mins walk).
- The Tangihua Street Car Park (Tangihua Street, about six mins walk)
If you have never used Uber before, you can download the app and add the code 'SPARKARENA' for a free ride to the event.
As there will be a high number of people coming on foot, there will be road closures and parking restrictions around the arena from approximately 5:30 pm. they also warn that there will be tow trucks which will not hesitate to tow cars if they need to!
Remember that no larger handbags are allowed into the event, nor are I-pads or larger cameras. There will be strict pat downs looking for liquids as well, so make sure you allow some extra time for this.