Next weekend Prince Harry will marry actress, Meghan Markle and we are so excited!
Here's what we already know about the Royal Wedding so far:
- After Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, the celebrations will begin!.
- All 600 wedding guests have been invited to the luncheon reception, which will be hosted by the Queen at St. George’s Hall at Windsor Castle.
- The couple will hold their reception in the Waterloo Chamber, St. George’s Hall and the Grand Reception Room within the castle.
- The set of rooms and the Grand Reception Room in particular are often the sites of big events, including state dinners that the Queen hosts for visiting foreign heads of state. “The Christmas party is always held there. They’ll hold the wedding reception there, too. It is a well-proven system and arrangement,” a former staffer told PEOPLE.
- During the reception, guests will be treated to a lemon elderflower cake created by pastry chef, Claire Ptak, owner of the London-based bakery, Violet Bakery. Harry and Meghan have asked Ptak “to create a lemon elderflower cake that will incorporate the bright flavors of spring,” the palace said in a statement. “It will be covered with buttercream and decorated with fresh flowers.”
- Later that evening, around 200 guests will attend a private reception given by Prince Charles at Frogmore House on the castle grounds.
- Special musical guests are also expected to make an appearance during the private reception at Frogmore.