Today, the 25th of September we honour national one hit wonder day! Turn up the volume on some of the classic hits from artists which only ever made that one hit.
1. "Macarena" – Los Del Rio (1996)
This Spanish song was about a woman who cheats on her boyfriend while he is being drafted into the army.
2. "Tainted Love" – Soft Cell (1982)
Soft cell covered this song from the original artist, Gloria Jones in 1965. Multiple artists have since covered this.
3. "Come on Eileen" – Dexys Midnight Runners (1982)
English group Dexys Midnight Runners created this song, which is still a classic!
4. "I'm Too Sexy" – Right Said Fred (1991)
When this British group released this song, it topped the charts in six different countries. However, it peaked at number two in the songs homeland of the UK!
5. "Mickey" – Toni Basil (1982)
When this was intially released in the UK, it didn't chart, and we can't understand why!
6. "Who Let the Dogs Out?" – Baha Men (2000)
This song topped our charts in NZ as well as Austraila yet only made it to number two in the UK.
7. "Ice Ice Baby" – Vanilla Ice (1990)
This hip-hop hit was based off the bassline of "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie.
8. "Take on Me" – A-ha (1985)
this song was remixed three different times before it hit the charts!
9. "Rico Suave" – Gerardo (1990)
Even though we remember this song as a hit, it only ever made it to number 7 on the Billboard charts.
10. "99 Luftballons" – Nena (1984)
This song had most of its success in Europe and Japan surprisingly