1. DUST: Use an anti-static cloth to wipe down any surface: the TV screen or the screen of a computer, book shelves, walls.
2. SILVER: Take a large container and cover it with tin foil. Fill it with hot water and add half a cup of salt and half a cup of baking soda. Leave silver items to soak in this mixture for 30 minutes, then rinse them and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
3. MATTRESS: Mix vodka and water together to a ratio of 1:3 and spray the mixture on a mattress. The spirit will disinfect and destroy most of the bacteria.
4. MICROWAVE: Cut a couple of lemons in half and place them in a glass container with water. Put it in the microwave, heat it until the water boils, and leave it like that for a minute. The dirt on the inside should then be very easy to wipe off.
5. GREASE STAINS: Run a piece of white chalk over grease stains, leave it for a few minutes and then wipe with a damp cloth.
6. DRYING SHOES: If your shoes are soaked through, fill them with pages of crumpled up newspaper, and they’ll dry much quicker.
7. ANIMAL FUR: to get rid of hair or fur on a rug, try using an ordinary scraper you would normally use for wiping windows clean.
8. BURNT FOOD IN A PAN: Fill the frying pan with a little water — only enough to cover the surface area. Then pour in a glass of vinegar. Boil thoroughly on a medium heat, then remove from the stove and add two tablespoons of baking soda.
9. DEPOSITS IN A KETTLE: Pour in a spoonful of lemon juice mixed with water and boil it for five minutes. Then pour out the water.
10. SHOWER HEADS: Pour some vinegar into a polythene bag and then attach it to the shower head using rubber bands. Leave for an hour or overnight. The dirt will be cleaned from both inside and on the outside of the shower head.
11. THE SINK: Grapefruit and lemons can help clean surfaces wonderfully. Sprinkle some salt on either one of them, then use them to wipe down the sink.
12. STAINS ON GLASSWARE: Pour two glasses of warm vinegar into a tub (you can heat it up in the microwave for about two minutes to get it warm). Submerge the dishes in the vinegar so that they’re completely covered. After a few minutes, rinse them and wipe dry.
13. BLINDS: Put a clean sock on your hand. Soak it in a mixture of one part water and one part vinegar, then wipe down the blinds with your hand.
14. DRAINAGE: Pour half a cup of soda and half a cup of vinegar down the plug hole, one at a time. Cover it and leave for 15 minutes. Wash down some warm water.
15.CARPET STAINS: Wipe the stain with a mixture consisting of one part vinegar and two parts water. Cover it with a wet cloth, and then run a hot iron over it for 30 seconds. Repeat the process if the stain doesn’t disappear the first time round.
16. TAP RESIDUE: Wipe with a piece of lemon and then after 5 minutes rinse with water
17.CONTAINERS: Wipe the dirty part with lemon juice, allow to dry and then rinse. This will get rid of both stains and smells.
18. OVENS: Pour a small amount of spirit of hartshorn (an aqueous solution of ammonia) into a container and leave it overnight in the switched-off oven. Air the room in the morning, and then wash the oven. The dirt will come off easily. The smell will disappear shortly. Just make sure you have the windows open while you’re doing it, and wear rubber gloves the whole time.