These cheesecake bites use the Girl Guide pink biscuits which are out for a limited time, with $1 from each packet going to girl guiding New Zealand.
They are very sweet, but provide that perfect little morsel if you have friends over for dinner, or need your evening sweet treat. They are best from the fridge.
Two packets of Girl Guide pink biscuits
One 250g tub of cream cheese
One 250g block of Whittakers White Chocolate
Half a cup of icing sugar (to taste)
1. Crush the biscuits until a coarse crumb - you can use a food processor, but in a bag with a rolling pin only takes 2 minutes.
2. Put the crushed biscuits and icing sugar in a large bowl then mix through the cream cheese, we found that using your hands is the quickest way.
3. Place the mixture in the fridge to firm up again before spooning out dessert spoons full then rolling into balls in your hands.
4. Once rolled, place them back in the fridge to cool and firm up, this makes the melted chocolate stick better.
5. Melt your block of white chocolate either on low for 3 minutes in your microwave, checking to stir every 20 seconds, or you can do it over a double boiler if you can be bothered faffing around.
6. Dip the bites in the white chocolate, and then place them back in the fridge until you're ready to serve them.