You may have started preparing for your Christmas meals, or you're still planning out.
If you do love a good meatloaf, we do recommend trying this recipe out.
Zander McEwen's delicious Barbecue Meatloaf recipe is Sarah's family's number on requested meal and the sauce seems to be next-level delicious!
"The number 1 meal my family request…meatloaf! It’s the sauce that takes this next level, so good!" Sarah wrote, sharing the recipe on The Breeze in the Kitchen group.
- 500g sausage meat
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp coffee dissolved in water
- 50g butter
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan or microwave until melted.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix well.
- Make it into the shape of a loaf, using a bit of flour on the board or bench to stop it from sticking.
- Place into a large loaf tin sprinkled with a little olive oil to stop it from sticking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and pour off any excess fat.
- Pour the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Put it back in the oven for a further 45 minutes, basting with the sauce frequently
And just like that, you have a delicious Barbecue Meatloaf ready to be served!
Warning: Your family might keep requesting you to make this!