I love to bake and this is hands down the recipe requested recipe most by friends and family! The dough freezes really well, just roll any amount of prepared dough you want to freeze into a log shape and wrap in cling film. Defrost, cut and bake - easy!
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
225 grams butter, softened
1 t vanilla extract
2 and ½ cups flour
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
100 grams milk chocolate, chopped
100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
Handful choc chips (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 170c and line about 4 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time and mix until fluffy.
3. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until combinedl, then add chocolates.
5. Dollop spoonfuls of mixture (about a desert spoonful) on lined baking trays leaving room for cookies to spread.
6. Bake for approx 12 minutes (can do more or less depending on how soft you like your cookies!)
You can eat these cookies straight away (once they’ve cooled enough to not burn your tongue!) but I find them at their best the next day.
You can add more or less chocolate depending on your preferences - I’m a big chocolate fan so I pretty much put in as much as the cookies will hold! I like the chunks of chocolate to be big but chop them to whatever size suits you