Nothing beats a good soup on a cold day!
If you love a good soup, here's a yum Leek and Potato Soup you can try out.
Our team from The Breeze Canterbury, Fitzy and Hilary joined the Two Raw Sisters' to try out their popular 'Leek and Potato Soup'.
Here's the recipe:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, stalk discarded + leaves removed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1x 400g can of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- Get a large pot, add the oil and begin to heat over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, thyme + salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5-8mins or until the onions are nice and soft and slightly golden.
- Add in your leeks, potatoes, bay leaves, water and coconut cream. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium heat and simmer for ~20mins, or until the potatoes are nice and soft.
- Once the potatoes have softened, remove from the heat and add the miso paste. Mix the miso paste through the soup until it is fully dissolved.
- Eat straight away or store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Watch the video of Hilary and Fitzy making this wonderful soup with Two Raw Sisters.