Robert and Jeanette from The Breeze Auckland caught up with iconic Kiwi chef Allyson Gofton and asked her about what recipes she still uses at home after 25 years of Food In A Minute.
She said she still makes a super easy butter chicken where she reduces down two cans of tomatoes then adds butter and cream, we gave it a go and here's our version.
- 2 Tins Watties Indian Style Tomatoes
- 225ml Cream
- 150 grams butter
- Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
- 6 Chicken Thighs Cut Into Chunks
- Small Pottle Of Plain Yoghurt
- Tablespoon Turmeric
- Teaspoon Curry Powder
- Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Simmer the tomatoes until they are half their original volume, then blend / stick blend.
- Cube the butter and stir through until it melts.
- Finally, warm the cream and pour into the tomato mixture until it’s your desired colour / thickness. Add cayenne or hot curry powder to make it more spicy if you want.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, stir and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Then spread on baking paper in a roasting dish and bake on 200 until it starts to go golden but still juicy inside. (Note: You could just fry off cubed chicken in a pan and not marinade it if you can’t be bothered)
- Once the chicken is cooked, add it into the sauce and continue to simmer on a very low heat until you’re ready to eat it. The longer you simmer, the better the flavour.