- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
1) For best results, wipe the inside of the mixing bowl with a little white vinegar before beginning.
2) Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
3) Gradually add the caster sugar - 1 tbsp. at a time, ensuring it’s mixed well before adding the next spoonful.
4) Mix until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar is dissolved.
5) Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract and whisk until it is just combined.
6) Line the base and sides of the slow cooker with baking paper. Pour in the mixture, carefully, so that is stays within the baking paper.
7) Place a tea towel over the top of the slow cooker and then place the lid firmly on top.
8) Cook on low for 1.5 hours.
9) Turn off the slow cooker and then leave the meringue in there until it has completely cooled.
I’ts not exactly the same as an oven born Pav but if you turn it out onto a plate and coat it in whipped cream and fruit etc ….I’m sure you’ll cope !