Avalon Park Re-opening
Get excited WELLINGTON!
Avalon Park in Lower Hutt will be reopening on Sunday the 2nd of October. Join us from 10am- 3pm on the day to be the first to slide down the new slide, swing in the new playground and join in on the celebrations. A few of the amazing new features are...
- A special section for the under-fives includes new-style swings, sandpits and slides.
- Water play includes an artificial stream. Children can pump water into the stream and use special water play equipment along the stream’s length.
- There’s plenty of adventure equipment for older children, including a twin flying fox and crawl tunnels.
- A highlight is the custom-built Helix, made of giant metal hoops and mesh.
- As well as new equipment, all of Avalon Park Playground’s landscape is designed for play. This makes it one of the most contemporary playgrounds in New Zealand.