Lemonade Scones Recipe
I adore homemade scones and they are easier to make than you think. Everyone will be wowed by your domestic goddess skills when you rock these out for morning tea. The key in this kiwiana recipe is the cream and lemonade. Puffy gorgeous scones? Yes please.
To make Lemonade Scones, you will need:
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh NZ cream
125ml or 1/2 cup lemonade
3 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
2. Place the sifted flour, caster sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut out 8 scones, place on baking tray and brush the tops with some milk. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Serve warm with butter and your favourite jam. Or even better, whipped cream and jam or lemon curd.
- To freshen the scones and make the lemonade puff them up again, place in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add lemon zest and chopped dates for an extra wow factor batch of warm scones.
source: data archive